The Glow of Inspiration__ A simplified Life

Mozart once said of inspiration__ “When I am, as it were, completely myself, entirely alone and of good cheer, when travelling or walking after a good meal, it is on such occasions that my ideas flow best and most abundantly. When and how they come, I know not, nor can I force them.”

I think he meant that space where we are able to receive the vibrational energy of our higher selves and align with it. We don’t have to be geniuses to know this space ; we need to remove resisitance from allowing it to be experienced.

What is resistance?
Dwelling on the impossibility of anything, on things not working out, doubting our ability to create, expecting the worst, a feeling of being stuck__ these are all the ways we resist.
The sages have said that inspiration is  an invisible reality that directs us towards the calling of our spirit. It is more powerful than the ego and all of its illusions. Staying in spirit seems to be the secret of this feeling of being inspired. Being inspired necessitates that we enter a space where we want to share who we are and what we have completely, without any other agenda.

Quite often we confuse motivation with inspiration… to be motivated is to grab an idea and carry though to its conclusion. Conversely, inspiration is like a calling that allows the creative force to flow through us moving us to act upon this harmonious energy.

For me these 5 principles are equally essential to follow the path to an inspired life :
1)      Be Willing to run your own life.
I do believe that existence, or spirit, is always working for our highest good... our inner voice gently coaxes us to listen and complete the assignments we came here to fulfill. Our chosen calling may be regarded by others as useless and may be disappointing to them as well. But suffering the consequences of living according to someone else’s wishes does’nt make any sense and we lose sight of our objective to live an inspired life.
2)      Be Willing to disappoint others.
“Whether it is nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. “Shakespeare.
When you follow your inclinations which are according to others approval, you will, no doubt, endure persuasions in many forms_ anger, pouting, lectures etc. all saying that you should “be reasonable.” However, as you gain the strength to ignore the pressure to conform, their resistance loses its momentum and you have given yourself an opportunity to learn from your own experience and not another’s.
3)      Be Willing to detach from outcomes.
We’ve heard it over and over, “be here and now.” To replace our present by being consumed with the future is the absence of inspiration. We’re seduced into believing that having a goal is necessary for a successful life, therefore we fear more not having a goal than not reaching it! We strive fret and stress being focused on an outcome to determine our level of happiness and success. To me, the more realized life is one that lives by, “whatever happens I’m O.K. with it. I accept.”
4)      Be Willing to accept the illusions of Possessions.
It took me sometime to accept that existence always gives me what I need, not necessarily what I want. Chasing after things that I feel I need before I can be inspired is to distance myself from being inspired. Once I accept that everything around me is’nt really what it seems to be; its ever changing, always in motion, then what is there to hold on to? As Nisargdatta says, “It’s all entertainment”
5)      Be Willing to Act and learn from it
Nothing is more expensive than regret. It’s the wondering that we should or should’nt try something that causes stress. Ambivalence creates the seed of incompleteness. The fear of losing keeps us from finding and feeling inspiration.

As they say, “it’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all” Don’t die wondering__ it’s the biggest injustice we can do ourselves.
Knowing and living the above…

What a blessing!

Comments